Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Review and Teaser - The Reluctant Dom by Tymber Dalton





Teaser on Kindle at 34%

It wasn't even so much a sexual experience as it was an emotional one, like she'd been viscerally stripped bare and trusted him to keep her safe until she could function again.


Book Summary - Erotica

Love hurts...if you're lucky.

Kaden's dying, but before he goes he has one problem to solve--he must ask his oldest and dearest friend, Seth, to take over as Dom and Master to his beloved wife, Leah.

Seth has always seen himself as the perpetual screw up and Kaden as the strong and steady one, so his friend's request rocks his world. He also knows there's no way he can refuse Kaden this.

Now Seth finds himself immersed in a role he's far from comfortable with--inflicting physical pain to provide emotional comfort to the woman he's secretly loved for years. Can he deal with his crushing grief over the impending loss of his oldest friend and still learn the skills he must master in time to become The Reluctant Dom?

My Review - 4 Great to the Last Drop

What an unorthodox loving story.  I was caught up in the love, grief, relationship between best friends and lovers more so than the lifestyle of BDSM.  I found the author did a great job at character development, this is not the average erotica novel. As much as it involves M-F-M scenes, spanking, use of toys etc in the Dungeon for show, it truly is the undercurrent theme of the novel.  If you are not offended over those I think this is a gem with an unique relationship.

The Reluctant Dom will have many in tears. I loved how it showed the emotional sensitive side of men and how they deal with these issue of love and loss.  Kaden is dying from Cancer and he has made arrangements for his wife that include his best friend Seth.  Their lifestyle was a secret to their loved ones but they told all to Seth throughout this journey of him taking over to become the Dom of Leah.  He initially thought they were both out of their minds but in this case love heals and becomes the overpowering important reason of showing love.

Throughout the story it was broken up with the memory, Kaden's dying.  It was reality but for me a little overdone.  Also, the fun banter between Kaden and Seth on the fact "i'm not doing you", it was exaggerated for sure.  If you cannot handle M-M scenes, there are none in this book.

Leah is a submissive.  If you do not understand the lifestyle or hate subs I would pass on this one.  This is such a touching novel, if you want an erotica to try this is a good place to start.




4 comments:

  1. I read a sample. I can't do it, bdsm is a lifestyle I can't grasp. Or maybe I should say a subs life, my opinionated and strong willed personality would have me crack a stick over his head. I have read several now with Fifty being the latest and it makes me too uncomfortable. The Story of O was real rough for me.

    Oh, I sent off the q-n-a, I can't wait to get it back!

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know next to nothing about this whole BDSM thing but it seems like it is the "thing" lately. : )

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Tea Time with Marce, I appreciate your comments. I have decided to make this an Award Free Zone, thank you for thinking of me but I prefer comments and do my best to be a good networking blogging friend also.

If you are a new follower, please tell me so I can come visit also.